Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It is now the day after election day...whew! I am so proud of our country and the direction we have chosen together to pursue...This is such a wonderful time and challenging time. I a m happy that my son will live in a better future .

As far as the residency, it is nice to have other national and worldly events remind me that medicine is not the end all be all. It is funny, because it becomes such a small world with real daily life and death scenarios, but very dramatic egos and power displays at times. Still loving anesthesia and I back for a month at my favorite hospital, the county hospital here in town with all the uninsured, illegals, drug abusers and yes some healthy patients. We perform all the trauma surgery which I love! Crazy I know. Also my attendings are fantastic and love to teach! Still a lot of hours but for now, the stress is manageable and I am thankful for that.
Ethan is thriving as usual, attending preschool and loving it! His 4th birthday was a lot of fun and Halloween was a blast. He was a Trex and fierce! He is growing tall and strong, with such a healthy independence. He is such a light and force in my life...I am blessed. This election was interesting for him, as mom is a strong liberal and democrat and dad a republican...he could not grasp the differences we shared. Thank god we live in different homes! I am thankful that he will live a life with more unity and less discrimination...more peace.
As far as the dating scene...it is on life support for now. No dates in over a month and no prospects. I am still open and know that one day it will come~

No comments: